Terms for Access and/or Use of Dynetics Website
1. Your Acceptance
1. By using or visiting Dynetics’ website (“the website”) or any Dynetics’ products, software, data feeds, and services provided to you through the website (“Service”) you signify your agreement to these terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service" ) . If you do not agree to any of these terms, you are prohibited from accessing the website and/or making use of the Service by means of the Website.
2. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version at [ ]. Dynetics may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
1. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Website and/or Service, including users who are also contributors of Content on the Service. “Content” includes but is not necessarily limited to the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service.
2. The Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Dynetics. Dynetics has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, Dynetics will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly relieve Dynetics from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
3. RESERVED [How will people have access and ability to load up materials—will we control such loading]
4. General Use of the Service—Permissions and Restrictions
Dynetics hereby grants you permission to access the Website as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
1. You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without Dynetics’ prior written authorization.
2. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
3. You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain Dynetics’ prior written approval:
o the sale of access to the Service;
o the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content; or
o the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of an ad-enabled blog or website containing Content delivered via the Service.
4. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Dynetics’ servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their Content.
5. In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws including but not limited to copyright, patent, trade secret laws.
6. In your use of the Service, you agree you will not provide Dynetics with any materials for posting or transmission where such post or transmission would violate any laws including but not limited to copyright, patent, or trade secret laws.
7. Should you violate any applicable law or any section of this Agreement, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Dynetics for any and all damages, claims, or other harm that Dynetics suffers regarding your violation of law or statute or the terms of this Agreement.
8. Dynetics reserves the right to discontinue your right to access the website or any aspect of the Service at any time.
5. Your Use of Content
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content.
1. The Content may be subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Before you use any content in any capacity except for your specific viewing of such content in a non-commercial context, you must receive written permission from Dynetics.
2. Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of Dynetics or the respective licensors of the Content. Dynetics and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
3. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
4. You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that Dynetics is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Dynetics with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Dynetics, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.
6. Your Content and Conduct
1. Dynetics reserves the right to approve or deny submissions of Content to the Service. Should Dynetics approve and enable such submission, You understand that Dynetics does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
2. You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit; and you license to Dynetics all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content necessary to legally publish such content on the Service pursuant to these Terms of Service.
3. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content that you possessed before submission. However, by submitting Content to Dynetics, you hereby grant Dynetics a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and Dynetics’ (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service. The above licenses granted by you in video Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after removal or deletion of content from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that Dynetics may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.
4. You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant Dynetics all of the license rights granted herein.
5. You further agree that you will not submit to the Service any Content or other material that is contrary to the Dynetics Website Guidelines, currently found at [ ], which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
6. Dynetics does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Dynetics expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. Dynetics does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and Dynetics will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. Dynetics reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice or to deny posting of such content.
7. Account Termination Policy
1. Dynetics reserves the right to decide whether Content violates these Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, or excessive length. Dynetics may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user's access to the Websitefor submitting such material in violation of these Terms of Service.
8. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
1. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
o A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
o Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
o Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
o Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
o A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
o A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Dynetics's designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is[ ], email:[ ], fax:[ ]. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
9. Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DYNETICS, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF. DYNETICS MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. DYNETICS DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY HYPERLINKED SERVICES.
10. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL DYNETICS, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT DYNETICS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Service is controlled by Dynetics from its facilities in the United States of America. Dynetics makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Dynetics, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Service.
12. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Dynetics without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in Alabama; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Dynetics, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Alabama. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Alabama, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and Dynetics that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Madison County, Alabama. These Terms of Service and any other legal notices published by Dynetics on the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Dynetics concerning the Service. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Dynetics' failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Dynetics reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Service following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND DYNETICS AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Dated: DECEMBER 5, 2010